I like to think about the months of November and December as the embers… they are the months when we step back and begin to rem-ember. I also like to play games and do so to help organizations, groups and individuals rem-ember what is important, what is true and what will make the world a better place.
With the idea of playing and remembering…
I invite you to play a little game this December with your labyrinth.
If you choose to have a little fun with play, I only ask that you share the results with us on this blog or send along your experience(s) and any images to 365Club@labyrinthsociety.org
Play… The 12 Days of Labyrinths ™
To walk at least 12 times this month with specific focus
You create a list of what is important to help you to do this with joy and ease.
- 1. Make a list of 12 items that are most important to you.
- 2. Find 12 different labyrinths that you wish to use for the play of this game.
- 3. Make a list of 12 different gifts/abilities/skills you have.
- 4. Think of 12 people who have made a difference in your year.
- Commit to walking 12 times this month.
- Find a new labyrinth each time you walk… be creative and think outside the circle, finger labyrinths, drawing, online, WWLL, Join a walk, paint, design, etc
- Focus as you move into the labyrinth walk… what one item from your list pops up immediately from what is important?
- As you reach the center,focus on what skill you have that matches or comes up from that importance.
- As you find your way out of the center in reflection, focus on who among the list of people who contributed to your life this year in a significant way, would benefit from what is important and what you might do about it with your skill/talent or ability.
- From your walk today you will find an equation:
New Labyrinth + What’s important + your talents/abilities + who made a difference = an interesting experience to repeat differently 12 times this month.
Play with your first thoughts, keep it simple, have fun, get creative, be imaginative and curious, play with an open heart, be ready to discover something new, enjoy yourself, say thank you, and remember… it’s a game!
Great Bonus Points: Share with us on this blog your experiences, discoveries, gratitudes, and wins and when you do, we all learn..enjoy and play more happily together. Who’s Game?
Questions, thoughts or clever ideas?
Contact: Lynda Tourloukis, 365 Club Chair, Labyrinth Society