Day 304 October 31
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
At our core essence we are all hallow travelers on a journey of giving and receiving.
On this day that brings All Hallow Even, a shortening of Halloween, or the time of Hallow tide. Hallow is a reverent term for saint, holy, sacred or veneration. The costumes and gaiety of the consumer holiday, may appear to remove the significance of a sacred walk on the labyrinth and turn the reverence to a dark foreboding psychological thriller or a mere whiff of whimsical festivity. All purposes provide meaning and what we bring to the path can eventually lead to curiosity and offer education, tradition, ritual and reverence to a time where death is not such a mystery and is a natural part of living.
We might hold more sacred, the time in between our celebrated beginnings of life and the respectful closure of our departing. As the completion of this book finds an end we may appreciate more knowing, learning from our engagement or bittersweet in our steps of closure, yet the next step in this life or another can be reverent.
Step into a realm of creating a hallowed experience of what is sacred and reverent for all souls that have meant much. Walk with realization of what has been gained in the exchange of offering and receiving.
Daily Insights : On this 304th day…
Appreciate the sacred time of your walk, the reverence of feeling in your steps and the celebration of life in your heart as you walk in the world of the everyday magical experiences and the entertaining magical mysteries available on this day.
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, join the conversation and share your experiences of the first two weeks in the month of thanks and appreciative gratitude.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you have discovered in the first half of the month, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what may bring morel insight into the second half of the month with a labyrinth connection and a greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society