Day 309 November 5
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Grateful Pathways
K is the fifth letter in the expression of thanks and the first step in the direction of descent. Inwardly it might be considered the fifth path and the path of ascent. This path on a seven circuit labyrinth is the one that tends to makes decisive turns, as seven is the center and the sixth path typically circles the center before entering. The fifth path doesn’t move directly, it navigates and keeps us guessing in the turn of direction. Not always, yet in typical designs, it keeps the interest curious a bit longer in the journey.
K is for Keep
This path holds our intrigue, it keeps on and keeps us in touch with the directions that change. When it comes to gratitude, traveling this path is a keeper of the changes that have progressed to bring us to this point, and the keeper of the experience that brings the reason for expressing it and the expression of it. In this place K is a space holder of going up and coming down.
Walk your path or any one, or all of these seven paths of consideration of what we keep with thanks in mind:
- At every labyrinth turn, can you discover something to keep that you’re thankful for?
- At every labyrinth turn, can you discover something given that you’re thankful for keeping?
- How do you keep the labyrinth real, for self and others, in a way that brings thanks?
- What connections do you make and keep on the labyrinth that bring expression of thanks?
- In what ways do you keep on, with thanks, when it doesn’t seem possible in a walk or life?
- How does keeping make you grateful? How do you see it show up in your walk?
- What makes you a keeper, and the labyrinth you walk a keeper, in a way you would express thanks for?
Daily Insights : On this 309th day…
With so much focus on letting go, what do you keep that brings thanks on the labyrinth?
Week One Focus: THANKS
In discovering the elements of gratitude, thanks is an expression we use to communicate our sense of what we hold gratitude for. Explore the ways Thanks is communicated this week on the labyrinth in daily walks, group facilitation, program creation, offerings, artwork, illustration and design, building canvas or permanent designs, books written or poetry created. However you find thanks as the path, on the path or of the path you are on… how is it expressed?
- Personal: consider the ways of your own personal adventures and use.
- Associations: contemplate the ways of use with friends, family, and relationships or other acquaintances.
- Environs: realize the community uses, organizations, landscapes encountered.
- Global: imagine the ways that what you do reaches others in the world environs.
Share and become part of Labyrinth History..
- share your experience as part of the Labyrinth Society’s Daily Wisdom Archive.
Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, join the conversation and share your experiences of the first two weeks in the month of thanks and appreciative gratitude.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you have discovered in the first half of the month, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what may bring morel insight into the second half of the month with a labyrinth connection and a greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society