Day 293 October 20
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
A walk of reception in waves of perception
The vibration of sound moves in waves of pressure and is perceptible to the brain in frequency pitches between 20Hz to 20kHz. It transmutes acoustically through mediums of solid, liquid or gas. Being a sensory receptor in human physiology, sound is a vast reservoir of immense capacity. Sound is both heard and felt, so in a walk of the labyrinth, music can provide an opening of feeling, which offers more to the auditory experience than what is heard. In turn, listening becomes a deeper experience of feeling what is heard and responding in more attuned presence. In a walk of silence, what is heard or felt adds definition to the walk experience as vibration, pressure and frequency are tuned in.
We feel music, sometimes in the narration of words and meaning or the translation of frequency pitch that feels the shift of pressure and the vibration of waves it travels in. Pure listening on the labyrinth heightens our experience as if we were the tuning fork, acoustically enhanced in our attention. Walking to feel sound is a new experience for some, though in hearing our surroundings, we expand sense ability.
Daily Insights : On this 293rd day…
Walk listening and attuning to the vibrations felt in what is heard.
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, join the conversation and share your experiences of the first two weeks in the month of thanks and appreciative gratitude.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you have discovered in the first half of the month, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what may bring morel insight into the second half of the month with a labyrinth connection and a greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society