Day 319 November 15
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Grateful Pathways
Week Three: Appreciation
We’ve explored the expression and the expansion elements of gratitude, and this week we delve into a week in the power of feeling. It is much more than a tactile approach as it involves the somatic bodily realization, thought process, related emotion, sensory, energetic and soul emanating understanding all wrapped into the experience of gratitude called appreciation.
As an element of gratitude, appreciation puts us in touch with what shapes our ability to know in a way that elevates our understanding. As appreciation is longer lettered than our seven day experiences, in six days two letters will be appreciated on the path of what we take into our walk and what we take out of it.
Walking in and Walking Out
Each day of the week of Appreciation is met with two letters, one leads us in and the other leads us out. Explore the words that make up appreciation as the third element of gratitude. This week begins with walking into the labyrinth with the concept of Acceptance of mind, body and soul and walks out of the experience with Possibilities. On this first path of the week, observe the movement between and the experiential understanding of that navigation.
Steps to Appreciation to Experience:
• A labyrinth walk is appreciated in steps and stages.
• Consider what you have and want to have.
• Begin with an intention of Acceptance
• Walk with what you know and let it grow
• In what lands on your path, acknowledge.
• Accept what you can
• Consider what lands on mind, in body, of soul or of
• Acknowledge and accept the little things you see to
the big things that you cannot, all as you are able. •
• Continue, keep walking and discovering.
• Observe what is occurring, what becomes possible.
• Realize what is possible to accept.
• Realize how much more is possible and accepted.
• Focus on what is possible.
• Notice how possibility grows.
• Observe appreciation quietly growing.
Daily Insights : On the first path of Appreciation in this 319th day…
Walk with simple appreciation growing…
Week Two Focus: Appreciation
In discovering the elements of gratitude, thanks is an expression we use to communicate our sense of what we hold gratitude for. Explore the ways Appreciation is felt this week on the labyrinth in daily walks, group facilitation, program creation, offerings, artwork, illustration and design, building canvas or permanent designs, books written or poetry created. However you find thanks as the path, on the path or of the path you are on… how is it expressed?
- Personal: consider the ways of your own personal adventures and use.
- Associations: contemplate the ways of use with friends, family, and relationships or other acquaintances.
- Environs: realize the community uses, organizations, landscapes encountered.
- Global: imagine the ways that what you do reaches others in the world environs.
Share and become part of history and her story…
Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Join the -NEXT -Mid Month Dialogues
Be curious, join the conversation and share your experiences of the first two weeks in the month of thanks and appreciative gratitude.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you have discovered in the first half of the month, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what may bring morel insight into the second half of the month with a labyrinth connection and a greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Call connection Information
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society