Day 278 October 5
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
Stimulating the sense in our senses
Each message of this month contributes to awareness, educates and applies a magical metaphor of meaning. They are not deepened solely from the knowing of the mind, but from the additional opening of the sensory abilities to acutely connect us to our available capacities. We can then align more functionally and fluidly with our internal and external environs. When we learn the appreciable capabilities of our sensory gifts, we can use them to add feeling definition to the thoughts of the mind for a whole being experience.
The design of the labyrinth invites a walk of innate attention, relaxing the busy mind and awakening movement in the body. Walking with that understanding, what comes in feeling and thought are more purposeful. It is a magical rising of abilities coming into a realized purposeful use. A barefoot walk on this garden labyrinth, reconnected sole to Earth’s soul, recharging core batteries. Feeling of grounding, olfactory expanding, visually stimulating, intuitive listening, the composition of saliva changes to taste a less acidic way to savor the flavor of the world we live in.
Daily Insights : On this 278th day…
Walk with the sense of each sensory ability to make more sense out of sense.
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, research and share what you know of unique United States labyrinths, the people, the programs, the designs, the resources or simply the desires in the first half of the month and apply something that you find unique to your own life walk.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you discovered, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what unites us with more impactful insight that brings our labyrinth connection in line with greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society