Day 307 November 3
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Grateful Pathways
Coming to the center of Thanks, we begin with A. Benjamin Zander, the Director of the Boston Philharmonic, who used to tell his music students that when the semester began, they all started with an A. What they accomplished and presented as during the year, determined if it ever moved.
The letter A might be the third letter in the word of Thanks, but found at its center and as the first letter in the alphabet, it has much to give thanks for by being situated well in life. Walk this simple labyrinth of A design or find your own walk with the asking of thanks and the answering of gratitude. Let the ending of this A bring a centering for reflection.
A is for the Path of Asking and Answering
In the world of asked and answered, thanks is present. We are a privileged society that is free to ask and explore the questions of curiosity and discover the answers in the winding turns the labyrinth moves us through to uncover and reveal. With thanks we walk away from an experience of the labyrinth, a little more than we began.
Think of the letter A as being number one in the alphabet and at the center of thanks.
- Consider a walk with who in your life is the A you hold most thanks for.
- Walk with what you have worked on and accomplished as an A you have thanks for.
- Take a walk on a labyrinth that you have thanks for and take an A walk of admiration.
- What thing do you possess as your A thing? Walk in thanks for why you think so.
- Enjoy a walk to review your A abilities. When, where, why and how do they bring thanks?
- Experience a walk in nature. What one thing stands out as an A and brings great thanks?
- When is your A time? Walk with thanks for it where it feels most accepting and aligned.
Seven askings for seven answers on seven paths for seven days.
Daily Insights : On this 307th day…
Walk with your A game turned on and tuned in to thanks.
Week One Focus:THANKS
In discovering the elements of gratitude, THANKS is an expression we use to communicate our sense of what we hold gratitude for. Explore the ways Thanks is communicated this week on the labyrinth in daily walks, group facilitation, program creation, offerings, artwork, illustration and design, building canvas or permanent designs, books written or poetry created. However you find thanks as the path, on the path or of the path you are on… how do you express it? Here are a few ways to consider your expression:
- Personal: consider the ways of your own personal adventures and use.
- Associations: contemplate the ways of use with friends, family, and relationships or other acquaintances.
- Environs: realize the community uses, organizations, landscapes encountered.
- Global: imagine the ways that what you do reaches others in the world environs.
Share and become part of Labyrinth History..
- share your experience as part of the Labyrinth Society’s Daily Wisdom Archive.
Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.