Day 295 October 22
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
The essentiality of darkness proves its value everyday of our lives by being present to renew ourselves in it over and over again.
The ominous nothingness is often confused for darkness. The duality of light and dark has a singular purpose, where each provides a portion of what brings the oneness. Darkness is the place that absorbs and holds the light and the space of creation, where seeds are planted, babies mature in womb and sleep restores our condition. In a visual world, the unaccustomed darkness offers the unknown and to the cautious, the unsure. Light is not absent, its energy is absorbed for the great night work that is birthed in the light of day. Light reflects and white light absorbs little of the light it shines on all else. It is little wonder then, that darkness is so necessary for the balance of energy and the harmony of two resources for one purpose.
Darkness may seem eerie or magical, yet it invites our walk on the labyrinth to see more by not seeing. Our candlelight and moonlit experiences offer a quiet retraction to listen a little deeper. Aware of the subtle nuances we can appreciate what is unknown as a growing experience in walking away with a little more that becomes known for having walked. Darkness is where we trust in a great way that it is ok to sleep and refresh.
Daily Insights : On this 295th day…
Where in your walk do you absorb the most, in the knowing of light or the unknowing darkness?
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, join the conversation and share your experiences of the first two weeks in the month of thanks and appreciative gratitude.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you have discovered in the first half of the month, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what may bring morel insight into the second half of the month with a labyrinth connection and a greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society