Day 285 October 12
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
Wizened ways of wondering footsteps on an ancient trail that talks as we walk.
We look back to the far past in our history to reference the times that have shaped civilization. From our view of the present, the path leaves a trail, as it is easier to see what we’ve done than what we will do. Where history is an academic past of documentation, ancient implies an origin of imagination of our beginnings as sources for accuracy were few. Ancient ways are filled with unique wisdom, as if the slate were clear of innovation or any need to improve. At a time when we have so much, our ancient roots originated concepts, and seemed a much wiser time, with less.
Each labyrinth walk can be a new beginning with lineage to an ancient walk. Moving in step with the years of other footsteps who have traveled this way before, we are but innovators of a wizened time. We move, listen and respond to the soul of ancestral roots and the unrealized future. Remembering in the walk of this day, that this path of simple complexity yields a message to relate a time of before to present moment, and regard a new beginning from an ancient past. With magical reverence we may unlock the awe.
Daily Insights : On this 285th day…
The ancient conjures a natural curiosity, walk with it.
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, join the conversation and share what you know of the Metaphors, Meanings, Messages and Magic that occurs in a walk of the labyrinth.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you have discovered in the first half of the month, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what may bring morel insight into the second half of the month with a labyrinth connection and a greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society