Day 279 October 6
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
A cultured path of yesterday for today’s footsteps.
Ancient stories to future fantasy incorporate the idea of journey traveled by cultures, ingrained as beliefs and delivered in a systematic set of steps.
Folklore has purpose in creating value by opening a suggestion to adopt that holds explanation and meaning. It is collective and inherited knowledge that leans toward a spiritual understanding. Myth and storytelling come alive in folklore as it brings an environmental and historical perspective to light in a way that fits community. Folklore can bring a sense of tangibility to the often immeasurable nature of spirituality. In the village of Vedharampatti in the Dharmapuri district of Southern India lays a 2,000 year old labyrinth that has become a way of life and a talk of folklore in its origins and meanings to the people it lives among.
Folklore in the footsteps of the present offers a way to begin to comprehend the traditions and customs of our past. In walking from a past, with the present, in steps toward the future, the mists of the morning provide a pathway of solid structure along a mathematical design. The form allows bodily form to listen deeply and feel the magic of the meanings.
Daily Insights : On this 279th day…
Take footsteps into the folklore of what is known to explore what is yet to cultivate.
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, research and share what you know of unique United States labyrinths, the people, the programs, the designs, the resources or simply the desires in the first half of the month and apply something that you find unique to your own life walk.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you discovered, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what unites us with more impactful insight that brings our labyrinth connection in line with greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society