January 4, 2019
Month of Beginnings
Quarter of Consciousness
Let’s Walk the World, a focus of contribution
- For Today’s Walk:
Where do you find places to begin, is it always at the traditional beginning?
- For Today’s Experience:
Explore the spaces in the places that are your beginnings.
- Share Today: Share your message
When we collectively offer the ways to begin, someone sees a new idea, thought or experience to enjoy. Today, share images, art, ideas, designs, tips, facilitations, building strategies, ideas from your book, poems, teachings, etc.
My favorite way to walk the labyrinth is barefoot, especially when the temperature remains above 60F and there is soft moss on the ground. Our intentional co-housing community has an enchanting wooded labyrinth that can be found on the Worldwide Labyrinth Locator.
I am fortunate to live so close to it and walk the path every day when the weather is warm enough. I have built quite an intimate relationship with this space and love basking in the freshness of nature there! When the birds sing, my spirit sings, too! When I sit on the bench at the center to meditate, I am always delighted with visits from squirrels, chipmunks and a gardener snake once in a while.
The labyrinth keeps me centered, and at the center, I usually complete my daily Reiki practice. Even before I began working with Reiki energy, I have been drawn to completing rituals or meditations that honor the elements and/or the kingdoms of the natural world at the center. I can feel the peaceful, accepting spirit of the space surround me as I complete those rituals. As I return to the outside world, I usually carry with me some insight about my life and the path I am meant to walk.
Certified Labyrinth Walk Facilitator
Image by: K. Szkany
January: A Month of Beginnings
With a focus on sharing this month and the ways we set up our plans to the actual way we place our first step, beginnings can offer us a way to realize our outcomes.
- Explore what beginning is like for you, personally or professionally in all you do.
- Observe yourself in this first quarter of the year as a contribution.
- Walk, design, teach, build, express yourself in sharing an experience this month.
Day 128: May 8
In The Year of Living Honestly
In The Quarter of: Education
In The Month of: Celebration
Sharing from Karen S of New England, Certified Labyrinth Walk Facilitator:
The labyrinth keeps me centered, and at the center, I usually complete my daily Reiki practice. Even before I began working with Reiki energy, I have been drawn to completing rituals or meditations that honor the elements and/or the kingdoms of the natural world at the center.
I can feel the peaceful, accepting spirit of the space surround me as I complete those rituals. As I return to the outside world, I usually carry with me some insight about my life and the path I am meant to walk.
Each new day deserves appreciation for what it is, and that my time in the spaces I hold as sacred is finite, so I intentionally bring my full focus to the time I am spending there. When I walk with others, I can see the spark of the divine in them and feel the power of our shared presence. The power of shared labyrinth walks holds such potential for healing and I am glad that The Global Healing Response was instituted for this purpose. A celebration of the sacred walk.
On this 128th day…
Celebrate your sacred moments within and observe what it brings out today.
May’s Focus: Celebration
Life is a celebration to explore in the next 31 days. With the idea of walking the labyrinth and its tri-focus on releasing, receiving and reflecting, let’s shift the perspective to one that walks in with appreciation, finds the honest realization from each day and walks out in celebration. Observe what 31 days of this focus might reflect and how it elevates our life condition.
Four focus points to expand your celebration of this month’s experience:
- Share your ideas, in your personal experiences, how you share the labyrinth with others, art, design or method of construction or in other ways that it may be utilized. Let others know about this daily experience and opportunity by sharing it. Find us on this blog and on the Labyrinth Societies Facebook page
- Join our Mid Month Dialogues on May 15th at 2pm CST for a lively look at what you have created and will create in the idea of celebration. This month’s theme was a direct result of our last month’s Mid Month Dialogue!
- Participate in the daily opportunity of this educational focus of your personal journey, how you lead, teach or share with others, and what you create for contribution or purpose with this theme.
- Remember that our theme is about finding our greater capacities, abilities and true realities in being honest with our potential. We focus on what we can do as it is inherently more useful and productive.