Day 357 December 23
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Honest Gifts
Segment Four: Talents
A Sense of Sense
The five traditional senses, offer us a basic interpretation of how we interface with the world. Minimized to three, chemical (smell, taste), mechanical (sound, touch) and photon (visual) we might consider the categorizations to minimize our experiences. Science now explores up to 39 different sensations that we utilize to interpret our world.
Some add a detail to the categorization that is more definitive and a clarification of what we are actually experiencing. Keeping this longer list in mind for its classification ability, the traditional appreciation of the five will suffice for this articulation and offer an opportunity to explore the many new discoveries to deeper degree.
The sense of sight is something we’ve become overly dependent on as when we see, we can trust. When we don’t we can become suspect to the viability. Largely dependent on visual acuity, we’ve lessened the greater perceptibility that can be valued in the frequency of time we spend utilizing the other senses. When we turn off visual ability, we can often find that it takes a little adjustment, though we can learn to navigate our world.
The labyrinth offers us the opportunity to walk and experience. Knowing is what builds from visual appreciation, though experiencing involves taking in more of our sensory world and observing our interactions. As this year has deepened our experiences, we can know we have expanded our sensory abilities as well.
Daily Insights of this 357th day…
Walk and observe the paths of your innate sensory abilities. Listen on one path, observe what is felt on another, notice your taste on yet another and realize aroma on a different path. Use vision and then turn it off to realize more appreciation of other senses.
Refresh, Renewal and Redesigns of Your Year
31 daily walks. ideas, topics and considerations for personal appreciation to professional sharing will be focused in this month utilizing six five-star labyrinths and a summary day to encompass what the magnitude of what has been discovered this year and bring it forward as gifts realized in the ways we gave to ourselves and others and received for ourselves and others. Following the five pointed star labyrinth this month in five points:
- Follow along Daily or as often as you can
- Consider what you have created or developed this year in regard to honest abilities
- Reflect on the five day segment focuses throughout the month with those abilities
- Review, journal, create or develop your own reflection in a daily experience
- Share your experience and add to the Daily Wisdom of the 365 Experience
Review the Gifts in Five Day Segments:
- Giving to ourselves as well as what we give to others is a reminder of what we do possess in gifts, capacity, ability, skills, and talent that bring us fulfillment. The first five days will focus on what has been developed in this year and what it gave.
- Inspiration in the inner motivation we possess, the focus of looking back at our discoveries to notice over the next five days about what inspired our capabilities into actionable realizations will be a great topic to select meaningful moments this year.
- Fortitude in the courage, resilience and mettle that have risen this year when in consideration of the ways we understand, use, and apply the labyrinth and relate it to ourselves either personally or professionally, the next five days will be reflective.
- Talent is something everyone possesses, discovering natural gifts using the labyrinth in a variety of ways reveals depth of talent to reconsider and perhaps discover something new over the following five days.
- Skill is learned, developed, and practiced through desire and the more we can apply it in various ways, the more we comprehend with new levels of learning. The last five days will be an opportunity to renew, remember and redesign skills.
Consider the weekly and daily focus presented this month in review and rediscover through the many ways you have used or ideas below that you can use the labyrinth with:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
- share your experience as part of the Labyrinth Society’s Daily Wisdom Archive.