Day 363 December 29
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Honest Gifts
Segment Five: Skills
Choices of Control
We may think that we are required to get a handle on ourselves or a situation that seems to be out of control, yet for experiences that seem to stray or stretch the borders of our normal routines, those issues that make waves or avoid are clear messages that something if off in our status quo. When we clamp down on control or step away, we can often miss an important message.
Whether it is a group we might be working with on the labyrinth or purely for ourselves, the labyrinth is a reasonable way to find a path that works and offers us a return to our normal state. It doesn’t dismiss our imbalance, it honestly walks with it and in the steps, turns and spiral of our direction, we lessen the immediate impact and begin to reveal a clarity that is more effective.
The labyrinth can become a tool of self regulation for any who choose to use it as a temperature of our internal climate or the combined energy of a group. With activity that moves us, even designing with it can offer us perspective that adapts our ability to deal with the constant element of change. It is more often a skill that develops with practice and time offering us a more grounded reality.
The idea of grounding is a relevant theme that appeared each month as a goal of the walk and also a practice of it in daily application. Self regulating to develop as a skill in a 365 day way, this year of experiences would increase.
Daily Insights of this 363rd day…
Observe the ways in which you easily self regulate and where more challenge is present. What gifts and abilities have made this easier this year?
Refresh, Renewal and Redesigns of Your Year
31 daily walks. ideas, topics and considerations for personal appreciation to professional sharing will be focused in this month utilizing six five-star labyrinths and a summary day to encompass what the magnitude of what has been discovered this year and bring it forward as gifts realized in the ways we gave to ourselves and others and received for ourselves and others. Following the five pointed star labyrinth this month in five points:
- Follow along Daily or as often as you can
- Consider what you have created or developed this year in regard to honest abilities
- Reflect on the five day segment focuses throughout the month with those abilities
- Review, journal, create or develop your own reflection in a daily experience
- Share your experience and add to the Daily Wisdom of the 365 Experience
Review the Gifts in Five Day Segments:
- Giving to ourselves as well as what we give to others is a reminder of what we do possess in gifts, capacity, ability, skills, and talent that bring us fulfillment. The first five days will focus on what has been developed in this year and what it gave.
- Inspiration in the inner motivation we possess, the focus of looking back at our discoveries to notice over the next five days about what inspired our capabilities into actionable realizations will be a great topic to select meaningful moments this year.
- Fortitude in the courage, resilience and mettle that have risen this year when in consideration of the ways we understand, use, and apply the labyrinth and relate it to ourselves either personally or professionally, the next five days will be reflective.
- Talent is something everyone possesses, discovering natural gifts using the labyrinth in a variety of ways reveals depth of talent to reconsider and perhaps discover something new over the following five days.
- Skill is learned, developed, and practiced through desire and the more we can apply it in various ways, the more we comprehend with new levels of learning. The last five days will be an opportunity to renew, remember and redesign skills.
Consider the weekly and daily focus presented this month in review and rediscover through the many ways you have used or ideas below that you can use the labyrinth with:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
- share your experience as part of the Labyrinth Society’s Daily Wisdom Archive.