Day 300 October 27
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
Inviting conscious ceremony to our habitual routines.
Adding to an experience to bring illustration to a definition is the opportunity of ritual. Whether its an order, sequence or tradition, ritual exists in our lives from sports outings to breakfast. It declares an importance to an experience and provides a meaning without word exchange. The walk of a labyrinth can be a daily or routine ritual of practice or devotion. It can be a time honored order or the ceremonial special occasion that brings forth practices, words, items or customary habits to life. When it’s included in the context of an experience or an event it makes more known or appreciatively memorable. Ritual occurs in life, making it meaningful evolves our experiences.
A simple daily walk can be a deepening regard or a regular exercise, depending on the nature of the purpose in the ritual. Setting an intention, carrying something during the experience or letting an item release are ritual items to aid the focus of walking on the labyrinth. It can be one time in ceremony or purpose, or an everyday occurrence. Ritual itself offers a new way to walk or expands a routine. The magic of ritual is in the way it changes meaning.
Daily Insights : On this 300th day…
Turn routine of your walk into ritual with a special addition of reverence or purpose today.
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, join the conversation and share your experiences of the first two weeks in the month of thanks and appreciative gratitude.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you have discovered in the first half of the month, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what may bring morel insight into the second half of the month with a labyrinth connection and a greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society