Day 292 October 19
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
Being of the moment in the moment
Meditation isn’t a great mystery or something that confounds. It is the simple act of being fully available to the task at hand. It is being all in and single purposed in what you are compelled to do. It isn’t sitting and chanting, but it can be. It isn’t a practice, yet it can be to develop and acquaint one’s self with one’s self more proficiently. To be meditative means to surrender anything that isn’t part of what you are doing and being entirely focused. Dancing, painting, writing, creating, and playing are simple forms of being in the meditative space. Being in love can be meditative as we give ourselves wholly into the experience. It isn’t just mindfulness, it is full beingness and when we can be present with everything, we can then begin to understand a fuller capacities.
Devoting a time in the day when all else goes away and the footsteps make a light sound to feel the impact of the ground… it is a moment to feel the function of the body and the release of the busy mind to appreciate the feeling and intuitive one. When one can simply fall in love with the experience, the moments become magical and appreciative.
Daily Insights : On this 292nd day…
Surrender your steps and observe what you fall into along the path way today.
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, join the conversation and share your experiences of the first two weeks in the month of thanks and appreciative gratitude.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you have discovered in the first half of the month, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what may bring morel insight into the second half of the month with a labyrinth connection and a greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society