Day 244 September 1
In The Year of Living Honestly
In The Quarter of: Application
In The Month of: Labyrinth Expressions
We enter the final month of the third quarter in September of our active applications in this year long experience of exploring a year of living honestly. After eight months of observing, educating and applying an honest truth to what we do, say and become in our walk, we may begin to realize a transformation of of realization occurring on this grand and purposeful adventure.
Our final application of the labyrinth in the next 30 days will complete this quarter and prepare us for the final quarter of the year in reflective contribution. Enjoy this month of application as it takes what we have become aware of and what we have questioned and learned and applies the test of truth in exploration and experimentation of an honest expression. As we have seen in the past eight month, art is an expression of what is happening inside of us and around us. In September our focus shifts to using the labyrinth as an expression and in doing so, bring more choice to our own voice.
Explore the ways in which you wish to put out discoveries about yourself, your work, your community or your purpose, discovered with the labyrinth. Each week we will shift into how the labyrinth comes alive in expression and relates from personal to professional to passion and purpose. You do not have to consider yourself an artist, just use the labyrinth to make your statement. It may be an interpretation of how we design a labyrinth or a labyrinth design or drawing. It may be a program or walk of personal or group reflection. Let the ways you use the labyrinth come alive in expression. Consider the tools used and the elements that are brought into use on an individual level or in the ways we share with others. How you express will be your curiosity spoken in creativity and cultivated in visual form.
Daily Insights : On this 244th day…
Applying an honest expression to what we create today, is a path to freedom and joy. Explore your creations with expressions that come from within today and note the feeling that arrives. We are always creating in every minute.
Introduction: September 1
Week One: Personal Internal Expression: September 2-8
Week Two: Projected External Expression: September 9-15
Week Three: Passionate Inspired Expression: September 16-22
Week Four: Purpose Soul Expression: September 23- 29
Conclusion and Review: September 30
What to do:
Make a Labrinth Expression -> Take a picture of it -> Title it and add a description -> Send it to share it
- Begin with your favorite designs of the labyrinth or create your own.
- Add something to it like color, elements and/or different aspects to make them stand out and fit the week’s description in a way that you can relate to.
Reshape, add or subtract elements of the design to make it fit what you want it to say.
- Enjoy discerning your expression. Make it fitting, honest and accurate in how it describes your experiences.
- Title it, add your artistic name and your location so we can see a world expression of the labyrinth taking shape.
- Share your designs with a simple description to interpret your expression for posting on this site.
If you need Suggestions to help you find a weekly Expression, check our suggestion page.
Simple Reminders for your Labyrinth Expression:
• You can add one design over all, or four designs, one for each week. Send images or photos and description
• It can be an opportunity or a challenge for you.
• There is no right and wrong, only honest expression.
• Don’t wait for perfection, act on impulse and feeling, that is where our expression comes.
• Notice every time that you give of yourself, you become larger.
• Do this alone or do this with others…. be creative!
• We are not asking for personal names, only your creative cultivated name, so the world won’t know it is you; it will know your expression however.
• If you have questions, do leave your email to connect. 365Experience@labyrinthsociety.org
Be curious, research and share what you know of unique United States labyrinths, the people, the programs, the designs, the resources or simply the desires in the first half of the month and apply something that you find unique to your own life walk.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you discovered, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what unites us with more impactful insight that brings our labyrinth connection in line with greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
- Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society