Day 284 October 11
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
Beyond the normal of what is tolerable lays the truth of what is natural
Born with natural abilities in a natural state, for the most part, we begin to adopt to what is normal in our world and slowly reframe our definitions over time. The more we encounter the natural world, the more the natural part of ourselves feels a kinship in remembering and responding. It is simple, raw, pure and innate.
On the labyrinth we can be confused by natural responses that rise and remind while living in a normal world. Natural curiosity calls for us to evolve and create, though as we do stress and resulting illness are the products of what normalcy can do when it steps away from natural.
The magic might be expressed in returning to natural while finding ways to remember sustainability with ecology in mind. It can be the steps that take us onto a labyrinth that drives water to a necessary irrigation or providing paths for natural peacemaking and remembering. It can be a green entity in urban environs or a reminder of sacred spaces.
Daily Insights : On this 284th day…
Allow your past to build a bridge to your future and you will find a natural evolution occurring.
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, research and share what you know of unique United States labyrinths, the people, the programs, the designs, the resources or simply the desires in the first half of the month and apply something that you find unique to your own life walk.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you discovered, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what unites us with more impactful insight that brings our labyrinth connection in line with greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society