Day 286 October 13
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
A Centering for Journey from a Journey to Centering
Where a vortex is a whirling of mass, it historically refers to water, though more modern adaptations open the reference to energy of mass moving in a spiraling nature. Recent category five hurricane Michael, is a vortex and so it can come across as a negative whirl, though it is simply a whirling spiral that can bring all things to a point. As we walk through the labyrinth we stir up much in our mass movement on a mass that has been moved many times before and in this we bring much into a vortex. Some see it as just that central point, where others see it as a new beginning and a conduit to another realm. If we move from one conscious mind about something to another, we move to a new realm of reference. It can be as deep as we wish to move it into the Earth, heaven, otherworld or merely deeper aspects of allowed entry into ourselves.
Walking aware of the energy we are and what is created in our movement, is a precise reckoning of detail in our actions on the labyrinth. Imagining them in slow motion brings to mind the minute occurrences not seen by the visual ability. If we are able to sense it, feeling it might be a first experience of attuning awareness, and slowing motion more acutely in time. The ability to engage in this manner helps us to appreciate the present radius of more tangible results while realizing the greater abilities that appear magical in the moment.
Daily Insights : On this 286th day…
Move your mass, aware of the vortex that stirs into action from start to finish in your walk of this day.
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, join the conversation and share what you know of the Metaphors, Meanings, Messages and Magic that occurs in a walk of the labyrinth.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you have discovered in the first half of the month, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what may bring morel insight into the second half of the month with a labyrinth connection and a greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society