Day 353 December 19
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Honest Gifts
Segment Four: Talents
Mental Talents Explored
Moving into our fourth segment of the month, talents are explored. Some individuals possess great abilities to compute, analyze or process information. Others appear to have a lingual ability to use words and still more might have acute visual orientation. Our thought process translates the ways we interact with the world, so optimizing this function is something we are continually improving throughout life.
Today’s walk on the labyrinth is a weaving through the brain folds to our execution point. We might note the similar paths of the labyrinth’s traversing nature and its spiraled focal point at the center. It’s not a surprised that when we walk a labyrinth we unwind what is wound in the mind and how the busy engagement, slows and stills itself to use more of what is available in our human complexity.
Attention span, memory, reasoning and overall processing improved in speed, absorption, comprehension and flexible expansion are beneficial stimulants exercised more functionally when oxygen and blood supply operate optimally. Walking the labyrinth today, we might not be readily aware of all that occurs, and this is only a part.
The exploration of the spiral during the month of March explored its relativity in the natural environs, to realizing the very realistic similarities in the way we process information and the spirals that are inherent throughout our body composition. It’s not a surprise to see how our expansion and narrowing can service us at times and work against us when they are not in their natural order.
Daily Insights of this 353rd day…
Walk with what is an enduring character trait, focus on the gifts that have
Refresh, Renewal and Redesigns of Your Year
31 daily walks. ideas, topics and considerations for personal appreciation to professional sharing will be focused in this month utilizing six five-star labyrinths and a summary day to encompass what the magnitude of what has been discovered this year and bring it forward as gifts realized in the ways we gave to ourselves and others and received for ourselves and others. Following the five pointed star labyrinth this month in five points:
- Follow along Daily or as often as you can
- Consider what you have created or developed this year in regard to honest abilities
- Reflect on the five day segment focuses throughout the month with those abilities
- Review, journal, create or develop your own reflection in a daily experience
- Share your experience and add to the Daily Wisdom of the 365 Experience
Review the Gifts in Five Day Segments:
- Giving to ourselves as well as what we give to others is a reminder of what we do possess in gifts, capacity, ability, skills, and talent that bring us fulfillment. The first five days will focus on what has been developed in this year and what it gave.
- Inspiration in the inner motivation we possess, the focus of looking back at our discoveries to notice over the next five days about what inspired our capabilities into actionable realizations will be a great topic to select meaningful moments this year.
- Fortitude in the courage, resilience and mettle that have risen this year when in consideration of the ways we understand, use, and apply the labyrinth and relate it to ourselves either personally or professionally, the next five days will be reflective.
- Talent is something everyone possesses, discovering natural gifts using the labyrinth in a variety of ways reveals depth of talent to reconsider and perhaps discover something new over the following five days.
- Skill is learned, developed, and practiced through desire and the more we can apply it in various ways, the more we comprehend with new levels of learning. The last five days will be an opportunity to renew, remember and redesign skills.
Consider the weekly and daily focus presented this month in review and rediscover through the many ways you have used or ideas below that you can use the labyrinth with:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
- share your experience as part of the Labyrinth Society’s Daily Wisdom Archive.