Day 274 October 1
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
Walk the Labyrinth and discover a new experience with myth. Share what you experience in Message, Metaphor or Magic. (see descriptions below)
Myths are a way of defining behaviors and cultural historic relevance. Originating from the Greek, Mythology has brought us the story of the labyrinth in the tale of Theseus and the Minotaur. Ariadne’s thread weaves a story of its own from the same story using the perspective of the path itself.
Realizations are like magic, as it often comes as a surprise from a depth unexpected. Considering the focus of our year long program, the walk today conjured up the other definition of myth, in the truth or fable category.
The myth in this walk faded away as the purpose was to find abilities and in doing so only elevation of the possible remained in the walk. Appreciating for the secondary definition served to raise consciousness and bring forth a reminder that in this month of metaphors and messages, the magic can be available, anytime a new direction is found in the cusp of the labrys’ of the heart or mind.
Daily Insights : On this 274th day…
How does Myth enter your walk, become a message, metaphor or magic?
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, research and share what you know of unique United States labyrinths, the people, the programs, the designs, the resources or simply the desires in the first half of the month and apply something that you find unique to your own life walk.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you discovered, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what unites us with more impactful insight that brings our labyrinth connection in line with greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society