Day 281 October 8
In The Year of Honest Living
In The Quarter of: Contribution
In The Month of: Message, Metaphor and Magic
The human condition as such makes wrong what is not understood, and the labyrinth illuminates a brighter, lighter realization of what is possible to understand moving unknown into a new appreciative holding space of great capacity to explore at many levels of knowing.
The unknown is a wonderful topic for the magical metaphors and messages of October. The unknown is always present with the known. In yesterday’s workshop that dealt with the joy of the soul, sole walking offered new interpretations of life from the knowledge of what we know, the sight of which we base that on and taking a detour onto the unknown path with blindfolds and a number of activities.
In groups of three, each triad made their own spiral labyrinth, without ever having done it before. They took the messages of the blindfold awareness from a previous activity to walk with greater insight into body mechanics and integration and realized a greater value in our three point message that began the experience. Each moved from knowledge, to wisdom
The magic occurred in the realizations of what they didn’t think they could do in building the labyrinth, to creating a basic structure to use. In walking with blindfolds they realized how much more they could see and walking with the unknown became the messy labyrinth of miracles appreciating and learning to trust what was unknown, messed up or seemingly somewhat of a mistake to their preconditioned ideas. It became a higher level of insight that didn’t just understand, it expanded to see more realms of known from the largeness of the unknown.
Daily Insights : On this 281st day…
Walk in great appreciation of what is unknown. Don’t be in a hurry to make it known, allow it to innovate and percolate and then become more than just known.
Use Today’s Topic Above
- Walk the Labyrinth with the topic in mind of how it relates to the labyrinth.
- Share a message, metaphor or magical experience that occurred with the topic in the walk.
- Message: Story, Information, related poem, image, design, tip, program, walk, etc.
- Metaphor: Statement and brevity of the meaning discovered.
- Magic: The unknown that became known in the experience of the walk.
- Choose one of the above, or all three to experience, explore and share.
- Title it, add identification and your location and share your experience as part of the
Labyrinth Society Wisdom Archive.
- Consider the topic with the ways you currently use the labyrinth for self or sharing with others:
• Personal Walk
• Group Walk, Program, Workshop, Education, etc.
• Designs, Artwork, illustrations, photos of labyrinth you walked, etc.
• Building concepts, tips, techniques, design ideas, etc.
• Personal Development, Guidance, Growth orientation, etc
• Writing, poetry, creations, installations, etc.
• Learn something new about yourself, others or the labyrinth this month.
Be curious, research and share what you know of unique United States labyrinths, the people, the programs, the designs, the resources or simply the desires in the first half of the month and apply something that you find unique to your own life walk.
Join us on the Mid Month Dialogues to share what you discovered, ask questions and hear from others about what they explored and discovered. Be inspired with a greater appreciation of what unites us with more impactful insight that brings our labyrinth connection in line with greater perspective in our year of living honestly.
Share your Ideas, images, designs and add to the wisdom of the Labyrinth Society